CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The California Mental Health Advocates for Children & Youth (CMHACY) Board & Friends seek 90-minute workshops for presentation on Thursday, May 14, 2020 and posters for presentation on Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
CMHACY is celebrating its 40th year as the longest standing & most recognized conference for children’s mental health in the state of California. Many things have changed! CMHACY believes that without the inclusion of all key stakeholders, positive outcomes for children, youth & their families cannot be achieved. We seek a variety of presentations that feature voices from all stakeholders including parents, caregivers, youth, general & special education, child welfare, juvenile justice, substance use – misuse & the community of public/private mental health providers.
The annual CMHACY conference is a safe environment where everyone from all walks of life are on equal ground. We seek presentations that meet the continuing education needs of all. While some workshops will have advanced content, we also look for workshops that orient and educate, framed without technical jargon and unknown acronyms.
Priority will be given to workshops that include the authentic participation of parents & caregivers of very young children, youth, young adults transitioning into independent living, families & community partners. Additionally, CMHACY is seeking a group of advanced level workshops for experienced attendees. Poster presentations & workshops should emphasize practical tools, effective strategies, demonstrate collaboration across systems & have established outcomes with supportive data. No data without stories, no stories without data!
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2019 AT 11:59PM
PROPOSAL WRITING TIPS:
Keep it simple. Be sure to include learning objectives that will help guide the participant’s participation. All proposals should be deemed relevant and timely to conference’s audience. If selected, your workshop description will be included in the Guidebook Conference App for all attendees, so please proof read before you submit!
**Please note that you cannot save your proposal. We recommend you review the application questions, draft your answers on your computer and return to copy and paste your answers into the online form when you are ready to apply.**
CMHACY seeks educational workshops that engage its audience that highlight programs, practices or initiatives that are practical, replicable and relevant for the attendees. The following criteria will be used to select workshop presentations:
- Relevance: Workshop is of great interest to attendees and clearly benefit attendees’ professional or personal needs. (dave: How else might we say this so that it speaks to workshops aimed at youth, parents, peers? )
- Program Design: Workshop incorporates good practices for learning with clear objectives that are measurable and achievable.
- Ability to Inspire Action: Presenter(s) of workshop inspire attendees to return to their local communities and implement what they learn at CMHACY.
Friendly reminder: Neither workshops nor poster sessions may be used to market products or services.
Once you have submitted your proposal, you can expect:
- Acknowledgement: Upon receipt of your submission, you will receive an email acknowledgement.
- Notification: We will notify you of the status of your proposal by January 17, 2020 after all applications are reviewed.
- Follow up: If selected to present, a CMHACY representative (Board member or Friend) will contact presenters to discuss each workshop content and learning objectives in greater detail. For panel presentations, this call will also bring together presenters and moderator to review format, order of speakers, etc.
- Laptops: Projector and screen is provided, but not a laptop. Please bring your own.
- Handouts: Please email handouts and PPT slides to Info@CMHACY.org by April 15, 2020. Please bring 30 copies to the conference.
- Registration Fees: CMHACY is a registered 501(c)(3), volunteer-run, nonprofit organization. We ask that all poster & workshop presenters pay all registration fees if they plan on attending and participating in the conference. Your generous contribution helps keep CMHACY alive! If you only want to present your workshop or poster presentation and do not want to attend the conference, there is no need to register.
Register at: www.cmhacy.org/registration
- Lodging: Lodging is available at Asilomar Conference Grounds and in the surrounding area. Information regarding CMHACY’s Asilomar room block will be released soon.